Monday, January 14, 2013

13 January 2013

All I can say is that all the e-mails that I have received have had one thing in common, COLD!!  I am pretty sure that I am going to not want to go home if it is like this next year!

I cannot believe how fast this week flew by.  It is crazy to see all the things that are taking place out here.  There are a bunch of missionaries that are supposed to be coming in and they told all of the missionaries that are here to prepare to train.  I really don't want to train yet, but oh well.  It's not what I want that matters.  Things are a little different here than most other missions.  It will be fun to explain to the guys who have served missions.

Even though the week flew by for me it was a slower one.  We have not had too much success with trying to have our investigators progress.  We are scheduled to have a baptism this Saturday, but may have to push it back just a little bit because the investigator didn't come to church.  I hope that this week will bring something really good.  We are going to have a talk with her tomorrow to see what is up.  We know her circumstances and we want to do all we can to help her.  But until she tried to help herself we are sort of helpless.

Anyway, I know this one is short but it was a really uneventful week.  This week is going to be hectic but we know that we will survive.  I think you all for the things in which you do for me.  And you are in my prayers.

Sadly, I now have a collection of sunglasses that I won't be able to use when I get back.  Hahaha!  Be safe in the snow!  Have a wonderful week!

-Nathan Christensen