Sunday, June 2, 2013

2 June 20th

Well this week sadly we took a back track.  Everything we thought was going to happen fell right out of our hands and onto the deep depressing floor.  Out of all the 3 really close to baptism investigators, NOT 1 showed up to sacrament or even church for that matter!!  GRR!  But we did have one of our new progressing investigators come, which was a relief and it was well needed.  I have really been praying for something like this to happen to her.  Her name is Rushell and she lives in a place called Georges Plain.  She is surrounded by worldlians and doesn't have any really good examples to look to.  Although she has made a great effort to read and pray, and then finally come to church.  We now just have to get crackin with a member to come and see her with us.

We definitely enjoyed Friday with the mission conference, it was kinda a slap of reassurance to the face that what we have been wanting to do has actually been the answer to the problems that we are facing in the mission field.  It was great to get some new ideas and share with the other missionaries.  I hope that as we apply them, our abilities will take care of themselves.

I am doing really good this week was definitely a slow one, but it turned out to be ok.  We are hoping to see and make a few changes heading into this week, seeing as Elder Wignal is going to be coming out today.

Elder Martin is a stellar missionary.  We have had a really good time together and have really come to learn a lot from each other.  HE is a very hard worker and very determined.  He has taught me a lot about what it takes to be obedient.  I have really taken a lot from him.

We didn't get all that we need to done and I think that's why I felt that way.  IT was like everything we planned just fell through.  Luckily we had back ups.  I am hoping that this week will be just a better one overall.  Thought we were going to have a few baptisms but I guess not.

This past week we had a conference with Elder Cornish, a member of the 70 and another member of the 70, I just don't recall his name, only cuz it was Spanish.  We had 14 missionaries in our 4 man house and only had 6 mattresses.  Then we had a 4 hour drive to Kingston, and then another back to Sav.  Really busy.  I am happy that things are still progressing.

Elder Nathan Christensen