Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas in the MTC.

Well, I made it to Sunday.  I have had many great adventures so far and do not really have time to explain them all.  I have gotten a lot done here and have tried to learn as much as possible.  My companion and I have had a great time getting to know each other. 

The first day was really hard because we got thrown right into the lions den with teaching and realized that we really don't know a lot about teaching.  We have had a lot of study time and have been getting more and more comfortable in teaching.  My companion, Elder Wood, and I seem to have really got the hang of how we need to be simple in our teaching.  It's not all about the scriptures or what we know, it's about how we need to notice the spirit in how to teach the investigator.  We have gotten a lot of practice in my district and have been seeing major improvements in all of our teaching styles.

I was made District leader and thought I was going to die with all the extra responsibility.  But as it turns out, I have been having a great time here.  I think I may have gained a couple of pounds because I'm not used to the nice 3 square meals a day and all the junk I have been sent by my friends. 

Today we got to hear from Elder David A. Bednar.  He was really great in stressing the fact that a mission is not for the missionary.  It's for the people they are going to teach and bring toward the gospel.  He also made it clear that in order to get what we want the investigator to do, we need to be doing it also.  it was a really awesome message and every single missionary took it to heart.  We had a great discussion in class afterward about how it made us all feel and what we took out of it as individuals.  The spirit was so strong during his talk and we were able to have some part of it feel like his message was toward us.

Anyway, I miss you all and hope for your best.  I love you all and my prayers are with you and hope that you find comfort in that I am doing what the Lord has asked of me.

-Elder Nathan Christensen

Oh yeah, and I am the only one in my district that is going to Jamaica.  The rest of them are going to Phoenix, Arizona.  Man am I bummed, I won't get to see these guys again :(

I could really use some envelopes and stamps.  Please.  Lots!