Monday, January 28, 2013

28 January 2013

Well, so far this week has been a very good one.  Not too shabby.  We got a surprise visit from some of our investigators this week in church.  We were ecstatic when we saw them come in.  They have been progressing very well.  The most progressing (as in she has seen us more) is Angella.  She has been really making an effort to fully understand the principle and doctrine that we are teaching.  Luckily we have been able to do it in the most simple way, she has really had some good impressions about the Book of Mormon. So, so far so good.  I am hoping that this training opportunity will help this area really grow.

Elder Barber, my new companion, has really taught me the meaning of trying to talk with everybody which has really expanded my ability to just talk with people rather than talk to people.

As for myself, I am doing good.  Just working on ways to feel more zeal in working hard every hour of the day.  I have had some really cool experiences in personal study lately that have really helped my teaching.  Knowing the scriptures has been a huge help to those cases where others try to confront you.  I am thankful for attaining knowledge so well.

Elder Barber is from Syracuse, Utah.  He is a really good kid just wanting to do the best he can.  Training is a whole new battle ground.  It gets more intense only because you are trying to teach not only the investigator but the trainy as well.  So far so good though.  We should be getting the rest of the new missionaries in the next 3 transfers which will be 4 1/2 months.  It is going to be a new experience for a lot of us.  Major changes are going to have to be made to accommodate all the new arrivals.  I am pretty sure that everyone is going to be training here soon.  My schedule when I get up usually consists of trying to exercise from 6:30-7 then getting ready and eating to start personal study at 8, then companionship study to 9.  I will definitely be keeping good study habits when I get back.  They are really improving my knowledge.  Almost wish I could re-do high School again, class wise anyway.

I hope you continue to have a good week!  I hope that all these pictures will fill you with joy and happiness and a little more about how I am doing out here.  Tell the family I love them as well!  Have a great day.

--Nate

P.S  Can someone tell me why these cigarettes are dangerous and people still smoke them?!?