Sunday, March 10, 2013

10 March 2013

This week was again, not what we really want it to be.  No investigators at church this time.  We were devastated.  We went to check on those who said that they were going to come, Samantha said that she actually tried walking and she just couldn't find it.  And Atta said he was planning on coming, but then didn't get to bed till 4 the night before.  We really talked with them about what it is going to take in order for them to receive answers they are going to have to do all they can to surround themselves in things that can bring the spirit.  We hope that this next week turns out well.

Really a disappointing week when it comes to investigators.  I hate when I put all my trust into them and they make some really lame excuse to not come.  We hope that with the new plans for the branch and when we can get moved out of the location it is now that all will get better.  Redground, the area its in now, is known to be a little dangerous but only to the imagination.  We walk through it all the time.  And that is actually where most of the attentive member live.  Although we hope with a move we can get more notice.

Something I really liked about this week is something that Elder Barber taught me.  you are able to get more done if you don't seek the credit for what you do.  Really a true statement.  It has really helped me to.  I have been so focused on what can I do to get noticed but it has not been as fruitful as I had hoped.  Really just want to forget what I want to do and do what I need to do.

-Nathan Christensen