Yallahs, well I am here now for about 3 weeks and I am doing awesome. We have been working super hard to gain back ground from an other missionary who was here and was dead because it was his last 6 weeks, so they didn't do a lot of stuff. We have been working really hard with the members and going to be doing more so. this is a very small branch, but the majority of the members who come to church are super!!!! We are doing a lot of less active work and we are having a blast. We are just re-teaching them to spark that desire they had when they became a member. It has been really tough, but definitely worth it.
I can say that this is going to be one of my greatest times here. Just working hard gives me a satisfied feeling at the end of the day. Still riding my butt off though, I have probably road over 150 miles so far in this area on a bike. It is a very big area. All of St. Thomas!
I have met some really cool people here, they are very open, and very accepting. I am getting into the groove of everything and it is turning out to be better than I thought. Really the mission is a mind game. When other missionaries talk about how bad an area is it really discourages others, like me. They have said that Yallahs was an area that is soon to close down if something doesn't happen, which i really fretted about when I came here. But really its a good area, there are plenty of people to talk to and you just have to be willing to talk to them. I am going to make sure I do all I can here to improve the branch and the area. The Lords work will always continue.