Monday, September 17, 2012

17 September 2012

This week was a good mix of things.  Luckily it was mostly good.  Elder Campbell and I have been doing a lot when it comes to work.  We have been trying to expand our finding efforts and we are trying to get the members involved.  Because this is such a small branch we have not had a lot of support for them.  Also the fact that there hadn't been a baptism here in the past 6 months.  We adjusted our attention to those who seemed to be dwindling in some of the things that they were supposed to be doing and the ones who seemed overwhelmed with all that was on their table.  We have had a good time doing service for those that needed some help.

I found that I have it easy back home when it comes to mowing the lawn.  Here they do it manually.  Using a machete.  It takes forever!!!!!!  But it taught me that work will always make you stronger.  Thanks to my parents, all of the people in which I do service for are surprised at the effectiveness and efficiency in which I am able to perform.  I am grateful for the things which I have learned from my family.  And no, I will not come and mow your lawn with a machete so you can see how it is done.  :)

Anyway, this week also we got to have another baptism!  It was a wonderful event and something I will never forget.  Ritzan, who is now the proud member of the church was baptized Saturday and confirmed on Sunday.

I have had a really good week here and I found that I get to do another 6 weeks with Elder Campbell.  We are going to make some serious progression here.

There were some aspects of this week that weren't great though.  A former friend was sent home, and there is going to be a lack of missionaries due to the fact that getting visa's is now harder than ever.  It takes quite a long time to process.  But then again, there is nothing that can prevent the work to continue on.  Even if it's waiting a few months.

I thank you all for your prayers and updates from home.  It is really weird to think that I am at nine months now!  :)  It feels like I got here yesterday.  I have had wonderful experiences and can't wait to share the coming ones.  I am grateful for all that you do and the support in which you have shown.  I hope you all have a great week!

Elder Christensen