Monday, November 5, 2012

Negril.

Well, I arrived here safely in Negril, Westmoreland this past Wednesday with my new and totally legit companion, Elder Ambrose.  He is flippin awesome.  Kinda like Elder McLeod.  We started the first day hitting the ground running.  There is a lot to do here in the Negril branch.

Much like the other small branches that I have served in.  It has been a great few days.  We have been wanting to focus on some members that have children that have a desire to be baptized.  Now we just have to make sure that we don't just baptize them just so they can play in the water.  Negril is a very very touristy area, and not going to lie... it's going to be very difficult when it comes to having investigators keep their commitments.  We hope for the best.  All we can do it declare the truth and hope that they act upon any feelings that they have.

So far in teaching we have had some really good experiences.  There are a lot of people who will listen but we want more to act.  This past three days we had invited some 15 people to come to church.  Only one came.  So, it is going to definitely be a lot different than the other areas I have served in.  I have already noticed that because we are finding all the time, I have been able to improve on my skills as a first impression.  We basically want to get our purpose across and have the time to also know that we are normal people.  Because everybody is pretty religious, it makes it difficult to do so without doing what we call "Bible Bashing".  Which in some cases just really helps us get better acquainted with the Bible and its teachings.

It has been a great time so far and all I can say is that it is going to get even greater.  A lot is going to be happening here and we are going to make the best of it.  I finally have a shower that has hot water.  YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!  Man did that day feel good.  I got super excited that I get up just a little earlier.  CRAZY!  I have had so much fun in the short time I have been here.  I somewhat miss Yallahs, but the new adventure out here is so awesome.

Crazy story.  At transfers we got to see all the new missionaries come in and guess what... There is another Elder Christensen on the island!  It is INSANE!!!  What is crazier is that Elder Campbell who I was just serving with in Yallahs is actually training him.  he called me yesterday to tell me about the shock from the members.  That as one Elder Christensen left another (but white) (I am not racist) came in his stead.

Elder Campbell and I had one heck of a time together.  I think that I have learned the most from him as a missionary.  He has taught me so many things that I now use in my teaching and how I go about helping people.  He is super smart.  To all those who served missions.  I am now a mother.  To all those who haven't served missions, mothering is when you are the next companion after the trainer is gone.  Elder Ambrose is Legit!!!  We have been doing awesome together and we share a lot in common.  Negril is going to be destroyed!!!!!!!  With the Gospel, of course.  :)

Well, I hope you have a great week.  Thank you for the birthday wishes.  I will be thinking of all of you on Saturday.  Have a fantastical day!!!!!

Nate