Man, Mother's Day came really fast. Everything is going by so fast. I just realized that I only have 8 months left from another letter that I just got. President Hendricks leaves in July and we are getting 164 missionaries by the time I leave. Man, things are really changing. I am feeling really good though about it. Had a long talk with HF last night about some of the things I am struggling with. I had some really good impressions afterwards.
Anyway, my week was ok. We have been really struggling with getting investigators to church. They have been keeping all of their commitments except that one. We have felt really close with a few of them but it seems that we have got to help them find the drive to want to do and get more into it. That is the really sad thing about having so many churches around. It's almost like a competition. Only thing we really have on our side is the truth and spirit. But lots of people are not attracted to that. It has been really disappointing to see so many that could progress so much farther in their lives but fail to act on the little promptings and simple acts of faith. I am hoping that this week will change all of that. I have assessed myself and Elder Barber and I have seen that there is a better way to get what we set to do done. I hope that I will keep the desire that I have now to do it.
-Nathan Christensen.
P.S In the backpack is about 120 pounds of water! :) woohoo. I have increased in strength. :)