Islands & Missionaries (Best combo ever!)
Alrighty then!!!!
This week honestly flew by. It seems that I was just emailing you yesterday but it is back again. Crazy how fast time flies, when you are having fun working for an almighty being isn't it? Hahaha.
So to start this week off, we luckily got another phone! Yes, I love the last one last week and thought we were done for with the 400+ numbers that were on it. Amazingly since Elder Christ and I are just awesome, we went through the teaching record of all those in which we are seeing at the current moment. Pulled out their numbers and got them in the phone. Then, went to everyone we know and asked for their number. Gave us a great excuse to go and see everyone to make appointments for the coming weeks. I realized we have a lot of members that don't attend church regularly. We are going to be doing some major work to change that.
This week we had another great teaching experience with a guy named Reggie. He talked to missionaries a while back and felt interested to learn more. Finally after a month of trying to get an appointment with this guy we met him on Wednesday. HE IS SO HUMBLE!!!!! All he wanted to know was what drove us to do what we do. We said families, he said that that inspired him and he really respected us for what we did. IF THAT IS NOT A DOOR YOU CAN DRIVE A TRUCK THROUGH I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS!!!! He even accepted a baptismal invitation on the first visit. Now some of you might think on your mission, "well yeah, that happened all the time." Well not in a country where there are more churches than beaches on it (ISLAND!!!) SO this to us was great. We have planned to see him every week. At least once, because he is really busy. Has two jobs, owns a radio station, has a family, and is just willing to learn. He asks great questions and loves searching things out. PERFECT!!!
But over all that was my week. I feel that I have gotten strong teaching wise and am still growing as a missionary. This week in my studies I found a really cool unspoken commandment. Romans 12:9. "Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good." then verse 21, "Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." Everything that you do should be in an honest love for another person. Love cannot be faked and cannot be deceiving. The love in which you share if genuine has the power to change the world.
I hope you have a great week and know that I love you! :)
Elder Nathan Christensen